Being a mom can often be very challenging. This describes the many challenges of motherhood so well. A mother must be a multi-talented person, it is the hardest job in the world but also the most rewarding. In my opinion the most difficult part of motherhood is not the actual parenting part, but managing the household, making sure everyone’s schedules match, picking up the kids and dropping off kids, cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, shopping groceries and finding time to do something fun together as a family and once in a while trying to squeeze in a little mommy time-off. That is the challenge of motherhood.
To have good self-esteem is very important for everyone. Self-esteem simply means appreciating yourself for who you are — with all you’re pros and cons. People with a good and healthy self-esteem are able to feel good about themselves for who they are, appreciate their own worth, and take pride in their abilities and accomplishments. They also acknowledge that they’re not perfect and have faults, but it dosen’t affect them much because they accept it. Perfection is simply unattainable for any of us. It doesn’t matter what age you’re in. If your self-esteem is low then you feel badly about yourself, usually followed with self-doubt and poor self-appreciation.
How to boost your self-esteem :
- Be aware of your thoughts and how you treat yourself. This includes your self-talk, what do you tell yourself about yourself? Is it positive and constructive or negative and destructive for your self-esteem.
- Take conscious control of your negative thoughts, and replace them with more realistic and positive ways of thinking. What do you tell yourself about yourself? You need to stop the cycle of negative thinking about yourself that reinforce negative self-esteem.
- Give yourself extra credit for a job well done and trust that you are competent. Focus on your accomplishments.
- Believe in your own worth. Accept that you are not perfect. Don’t let any one particular shortcoming undermine you. Remember that you are a complex, multifaceted desirable individual.
- Recognize and embrace your positive qualities. Make a list of all your positive qualities, skills, experiences, talents, and anything else that makes you feel good about yourself.
- Is there something that you want to change about yourself? Something that will make you better equipped as a person. Consider possible avenues for improvement. Pinpoint exactly what you’re not satisfied with and needs improvement. Then make a resonable plan about how to reach your goals and improve yourself.
- Compliment yourself. You can look in a mirror and pick few things that you like about yourself. It can be something you see on the outside such as hair, smile or nails. Then pick few things that you like about your personality, like your spirit or laughter. If you don’t want to look in the mirror then you can write it in a journal.
- Have realistic expectations in life and stop struggling towards some idealistic goal. Having unrealistic expectations in life will only lead to disappointment and dissatisfaction.
It seems like everyone is talking about how healthy it is to detox and how good it is for the body. I’m not sure if that’s something for me but since I am turning towards healthier lifestyle, I’m willing to try various things to improve my general wellbeing. So as usual I’ve started searching for information about the process of detox. Experts say that everyone should detox at least once a year.
What is Detox:
Toxins are substances that can harm your body. They derive from foods, beverages, alcohol, smoking, drugs and stress, and when in excess can leave a person feeling tired, sick and overweight. Detoxifying your body may be defined as cleansing the body from poisons and toxins that may have accumulated in the colon, lymph, lungs, gallbladder, skin, blood, kidneys and liver. Basically, detoxification means cleaning the blood. It does this mainly by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. With natural detox methods you can apply to safely and effectively cleanse your body of these harmful toxins. The body eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. Detox gives the body a chance to get rid of these toxins making your body more effective in doing this job in the future. If you have frequent, unexplained headaches or back pain, memory failing, brittle nails and hair, frequent allergies, acne or overweight, then it’s a signs that detoxification is needed. Nutritionists advice is to avoid using fast and extreme detox programs, they recommend to choose a safe, natural way to detoxify your system.
Detoxifying your body is a natural method which you can use to safely and effectively cleanse your body of these harmful toxins. Lessening the burden on the detoxification organs by reducing the body’s exposure to pollutions and toxins for s set period of time. A restricted, healthy diet accompanied by certain supplements will help us eliminate these toxins in our body.
Detoxification programs can vary greatly, between restricting intake to juice only to allowing only for a diet consisting mainly of vegetables, fruit and whole-grains.
- 1. Use whole foods, such as fruits and vegetables and healthy fats, to improve your body’s ability to cleanse itself. Whole foods include grains (such as whole grain flours, brown and wild rice, quinoa); organic or minimally treated fruits and vegetables.
- 2. Vitamin C supplement, it is a powerful antioxidant which helps detoxify or cleanse the body from harmful substances.
- 3. Drink water – 8 – 10 glasses daily.
- 4. Relax – stress and anxiety have negative affect on your body.Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to your blood circulation.
- 5. Dry skin brushing – it stimulates skin circulation, removes dead skin cells, improves blood and lymphatic circulation, and helps remove toxins excreted via the skin.
- 6. The diet isn’t the only thing that can help. Regular exercises brings more oxygen-rich blood to your kidneys and liver, which allows them to eliminate toxins more effectively. Sweating also helps your body to eliminate wastes through perspiration.
- 7. Saunas have been used for centuries as an effective detoxification tool for the skin.
Benefits of Detox:
- Elimination of toxins and poisons that have been running through your body.
- A cleansed colon that prevents constipation that may cause fatigue, lethargy and bloating.
- Weight loss.
- A strengthened immune system.
- Healthier lifestyle.
Cons of Detox:
- Some people experience limited weight loss, or weight that quickly returns once the detox is over once old habits return.
Feng shui literally translates from Chinese as “wind” (feng) and water (“shui”). Feng Shui has been in existence for over 4,000 years and today it is still going strong. Feng Shui is about more than just rearranging furniture, it is about creating balance and harmony in your home. Feng Shui works on the assumption that the world is driven by unseen forces. The idea behind it is to “unblock” the way, so the forces may flow freely and create balance in a space (or life). It’s the art of arranging buildings, objects, space and life to achieve harmony and balance and to eliminate negative energy.
Clearing your house of old energies is always important. It is recommended to do space clearing every year or after a negative event. For that you can use flowers, essential oils and turn on music. Candles are always very helpful for purifying energy. Space clearing is really about harmony between your senses, what you smell, see and hear. It’s about creating beautiful home with a pleasant atmosphere which makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. Good Feng Shui energy expresses itself in a clean space, fresh air, good light, and happy, meaningful energy as expressed in any decor items in your house.
A house needs good air circulation and natural light to bathe its rooms to maintain a good flow of energy. There can be no clutter or overflowing closets, because it blocks the energy. Your front door is the main way that energy enters your home. To invite in new, positive energy and opportunities, you must make your entrance as attractive as possible.
Feng Shui bagua is one of the main tools used in feng shui to analyze the energy of any given space. Bagua translates from Chinese as “8 areas.” They are Life, Energy, Career, Wealth, Friendship/Love, Parental Support, Health and Life Force. Each of the 8 feng shui areas, or directions, has a specific Feng Shui element, Feng Shui color, as well as life area connected to it. If you have the compass reading and the floor plan of your space, you can easily define the bagua.
Life’s too short to be anything but happy.
Kiss slowly, love deeply,forgive quickly, take chances, give everything and leave no regrets.
Forget the past with the exception of what you have learned from it,and remember everything happens for a reason.