In my opinion summer is the absolute best season. There are so many fun things to do in the summer like camping and other outdoor activities. Just remember to be save in the sun and use sunscreen. You should always apply sunscreen generously before going outdoors and remember to drink plenty of water. Enjoy the summer.
Yogurt has a calming effect for the probiotic bacteria that help keep your stomach healthy. A new study people who consumed yogurt each day lost 81% more fat around their belly than those who didn’t eat yogurt. . The calcium in yogurt reduces namely fat absorption from other foods. Best results were in unsweetened yogurt and greek yogurt.
Eggs are one of the best and most cheapest protein sources with 6-9 grams of protein per egg. Eggs can be counted as a superfood because it contains many vitamins. If you’re concerned that eggs increase cholesterol you can relax because there are two types of cholesterol, the good HDL and bad LDL. Eggs contain mainly the good kind.
Spinach and romaine lettuce are all extremely low in calories, full of fibre and contain vitamins and minerals that help to ease water retention.
4 Green Tea
Green Tea contain high dose of antioxidants, called catechins,which have been shown to be particularly good for reducing fat around the belly. Athletes who drank four cups of green tea a day for 12 weeks, lost more than eight times more fat around the stomach than those who drank coffee, according to a study published in the Journal of Nutrition.
They contain water-soluble pectin fibers that keep us satiated and reduces insulin levels in the body. Too much insulin is neither good for your health or metabolism and tells your body to store energy. Appel is also very rich of fibre which helps the digestion.
Tomatoes are full of antioxidants and have been found to reduce inflammation and water retention in the body, as well as reversing leptin resistance. Leptin is a type of protein which helps to regulate metabolic rate and appetite. Therefore tomatoes can help you lose weight.
7 Turkey, Chicken, Bananas
9 out of 10 women suffer from PMS symptoms. To prevent and reduce the effects, it is good to eat foods that contain tryptophan, which helps the body produce more of the feel-good hormone serotonin. Turkey, chicken and bananas contain high levels of the substance.
It’s great to start to the day with a bowl of oatmeal. Oatmeal contains fibers that stimulates bowel movements which makes digestion more efficient, increase satiety and stops cravings. Oatmeal is also a great source of magnesium, iron and B vitamins.
Berries are rich of antioxidant grenades and filled with nutrients that increase blood flow in the body and brings oxygen to your muscles.Berries are rich of vitamin C which also provides fat burning an extra boost because vitamin C is needed for the liver and kidneys to produce the amino acid carnitine, which transforms fat into energy.
If the body lacks fluids it can influence our mental energy and it helps to maintain the balance of body fluids. You need to drink 8 – 10 glasses of water per day to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water helps you lose weight because it helps your body to get rid of toxins from your body. It gives healthy skin and helps the digestion.
11 Nuts and almonds
Almonds and nuts are especially beneficial for the stomach. Almonds are rich in vitamins and magnesium which regulates the stress hormone cortisol. If you are stressed your body will after some time, begin to store more fat around the stomach which is particularly harmful to your cardiovascular health.
It seems like everyone is talking about how healthy it is to detox and how good it is for the body. I’m not sure if that’s something for me but since I am turning towards healthier lifestyle, I’m willing to try various things to improve my general wellbeing. So as usual I’ve started searching for information about the process of detox. Experts say that everyone should detox at least once a year.
What is Detox:
Toxins are substances that can harm your body. They derive from foods, beverages, alcohol, smoking, drugs and stress, and when in excess can leave a person feeling tired, sick and overweight. Detoxifying your body may be defined as cleansing the body from poisons and toxins that may have accumulated in the colon, lymph, lungs, gallbladder, skin, blood, kidneys and liver. Basically, detoxification means cleaning the blood. It does this mainly by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. With natural detox methods you can apply to safely and effectively cleanse your body of these harmful toxins. The body eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. Detox gives the body a chance to get rid of these toxins making your body more effective in doing this job in the future. If you have frequent, unexplained headaches or back pain, memory failing, brittle nails and hair, frequent allergies, acne or overweight, then it’s a signs that detoxification is needed. Nutritionists advice is to avoid using fast and extreme detox programs, they recommend to choose a safe, natural way to detoxify your system.
Detoxifying your body is a natural method which you can use to safely and effectively cleanse your body of these harmful toxins. Lessening the burden on the detoxification organs by reducing the body’s exposure to pollutions and toxins for s set period of time. A restricted, healthy diet accompanied by certain supplements will help us eliminate these toxins in our body.
Detoxification programs can vary greatly, between restricting intake to juice only to allowing only for a diet consisting mainly of vegetables, fruit and whole-grains.
- 1. Use whole foods, such as fruits and vegetables and healthy fats, to improve your body’s ability to cleanse itself. Whole foods include grains (such as whole grain flours, brown and wild rice, quinoa); organic or minimally treated fruits and vegetables.
- 2. Vitamin C supplement, it is a powerful antioxidant which helps detoxify or cleanse the body from harmful substances.
- 3. Drink water – 8 – 10 glasses daily.
- 4. Relax – stress and anxiety have negative affect on your body.Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to your blood circulation.
- 5. Dry skin brushing – it stimulates skin circulation, removes dead skin cells, improves blood and lymphatic circulation, and helps remove toxins excreted via the skin.
- 6. The diet isn’t the only thing that can help. Regular exercises brings more oxygen-rich blood to your kidneys and liver, which allows them to eliminate toxins more effectively. Sweating also helps your body to eliminate wastes through perspiration.
- 7. Saunas have been used for centuries as an effective detoxification tool for the skin.
Benefits of Detox:
- Elimination of toxins and poisons that have been running through your body.
- A cleansed colon that prevents constipation that may cause fatigue, lethargy and bloating.
- Weight loss.
- A strengthened immune system.
- Healthier lifestyle.
Cons of Detox:
- Raw Recipe: Delicious Detox Pesto (mindbodygreen.com)
- I LOVE the Spring Forward Detox by Tatiana Amico (themissfitmama.com)
- Yoga and Detox (clairedejonge.wordpress.com)
- Maia James: The Ins and Outs of a Spring Cleaning Detox (bruceandsallywitt.wordpress.com)
Are you determined to improve your health but you don’t know where to start – then you should read this. Here I’m going to summarize for you the best ways to gain your optimal health and reach your goals. Do you have what it takes to improve your lifestyle? If you follow these steps your health will improve gradually. You will notice the difference, not only will you look better, but also feel better about yourself. It’s all up to you!
Every food we eat contains calories. The calories you consume in cannot exceed the amount of calories the body uses up. Many find it helpful to write down their daily diet in a food journal. CalorieKing is a website which logs the calorie amounts for food you’ve eaten. You can put your recipes into this Calorie Count tool and then you will see how many calories each recipe contain. If you are not sure how many calories you require, then you can use this Calorie Calculator. The calorie calculator can be very useful for weight management.
- Set your mind on it! You need to make a decision and be determined YOU CAN DO IT!
- Set reasonable goals for the week. Just take it week by week. Set goal for each week that help you reach your long-term goals. You can’t do it all at once, but you can add, little by little, good habits to your daily routine.
- Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water each day. Other fluids count too, like green tea, milk and juice, but water is the best because it’s so clean from all chemical that it helps your body to flush out toxins. Eliminate soda and sugary drinks such as sports drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day. Walking, running, cycling and swimming are great to improve your endurance and burn calories. Exercising will give you muscles, which boosts your metabolism and helps you burn more calories.
- Eat healthy, meat, poultry and fish with vegetables. You should eat vegetables and fruits every day. Remember you can’t gain weight from eating fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy snacks. You should have things like small carrots, tomatoes, grapes, apples and bananas to eat when you feel need for some snack.
- Keep daily food and exercise journal. This helps you to keep track of what you consume and exercise each day. Weight in at the end of the week and write it in the diary. This way you will see the result for each week.
Good luck to you on your way towards healthier lifestyle – gaining your optimal health.
It can be challenging to clean the home without any harsh chemicals. We don’t always need to use chemical cleaning products to have a clean, fresh smelling home. Here are few tips about how you can clean your home using natural solutions, environmentally friendly.
Cleaning the oven: You can clean the oven with baking soda and water. For more serious messes you can add some vinegar too. You simply coat all the oven surfaces with a paste of baking soda and water, then let it work overnight. Then you rinse it and wash all the remains of the baking soda away. It’s better to wear gloves while you do this.
Clean a Mirror: There is no need to buy glass cleaners to clean your mirrors. You can use some vinegar and an old newspaper to keep your mirrors shining.
Cleaning the Microwave: You just fill up a cup of water and add a little vinegar in the water. Then put it in the microwave on high for a few minutes. The steam from the cup will loosen any stuck-on food, and then you can just wipe it away.
Removes unpleasant odor: Just pour some Vinegar in an open container and put it on a table or in the windowsill. Then wait for a while and the odor will vanish. Just make sure to keep it out of reach of children.
If you wake up with puffy eyes or bags under your eyes – then you might have excess water in your body also known as Edema. It occurs from excess fluid buildup under the eyes, commonly referred to as eye bag. The skin around the eyes is very thin and is full of blood vessels which make it very sensitive. The cause is usually linked to modern lifestyles and hormonal fluctuations. Things that can cause puffy eyes are Lack of sleep, Stress,Diet that is high in salt and Hormonal issues (f. ex. during pregnancy or menstruation). Other causes that can lead to puffiness are Crying, Changes in the weather can cause puffy eyes or too much Alcohol consumption. Usually puffy eyes will go away after a little bit of time.
Sometimes puffy eyes might be symptoms of other conditions that may require examination by an eye care professional such as allergies, diabetes or side effect of several types of medication
Excess fluid can also build up in other body tissues. The condition occurs mostly in the feet, ankles and legs, but can develop anywhere in the body.
How to prevent the bags from developing:
- Sleep with the head elevated, it prevents fluids from accumulating around your eyes. Make sure you get enough sleep.
- Cut back on salt intake.
- Drink water to clean out your system, but don’t drink to many fluids right before going to sleep.
- Cranberry juice is a natural diuretic to help reduce fluid retention and aid in weight loss.
- Use a cold compress on puffy eyes. You can use cooling gel mask for eyes, or moisten two tea bags in cold water, chill them in the refrigerator and place them over closed eyelids for several minutes. Wash your face with ice-cold water. This should reduce the puffiness.
- Take good care of your skin. Don’t use oil-based makeup. The oil can cause the skin under the eyes to swell and become inflamed. Water-based and/or gel-based makeup is less harsh for sensitive skins. Avoid placing wrinkle remover cream near the eyes. It can cause too much hydration and puffiness is the result. Always wash your makeup off each night, as the residue can fill the pores causing swelling.
- Wash face with ice-cold water
- Cream for puffy eyes. Try a soothing eye cream with aloe and Vitamin E.
- Diuretics can help with water retention, so taking one can sometimes help the body expel excess fluids, but only use under the advice of a doctor.
Did you know that you can erase hard water stains with a lemon to naturally clean your bathroom? I saw this advise on broccolicupcake.com I tried it and to my surprise it really works, although it takes time to clean whole bathtub or shower cabin. If you have patience your bathtub will look sparkling after this treatment and your bathroom will smell like a lemon. This way you don’t need any cleaning products and therefor no chemicals are used, so this is good for the environment. All you need are few lemons and a lot of patience.
- 10 Ways to Clean with Lemon (itsarushworld.wordpress.com)
- How to Keep Your Apartment Cleaning Earth-Friendly (apartmentguide.com)
- How to clean hard water buildup off the showerhead (behindthestudio.com)