People often take the small things in life for granted, things like health, love, kids, money and the abilities to walk, talk see and hear. When all of those things can be taken away from us so easily in a split of a second. We never know what happens next in life, it can be winning the lottery, meeting the love of your life, getting your dreamhouse, accident or illness. All of those things are so important to us and to our happiness. We all should learn to appreciate the little things in life that make our day´s worthwhile. I know it sounds corny, but counting your blessings isn´t a bad idea because those are the things that matters. To sit down and think about your blessings is a great way to obtain positive thinking wich makes you happier and you gain more emotional balance, so what are your blessings in life?
Mother is the woman who raises you, who is there for you to hold and comfort you when you are sick or hurt. The woman who laughs with you, who cries with you, who loves you, even when you aren’t exactly lovable, for whatever reason. That is what I call a real Mother and God bless them.
I want to recommend site called Spoonful.com I just stumbled upon this website and really like it. It contains wide variety of activities for kids and can be helpful on rainy days or just whenever you want to have some family fun.
I know it’s an old cleshay but still it’s an important one. Remember to use sunscreen or sunblock, everyone should use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. When choosing a sunscreen for baby or toddler you should choose a sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or SPF 50 is recommended for young children or of course sunblock. Water-resistant sunscreen that is hypoallergenic and fragrance free, is also recommended for childs sensitive skin. I use Proderm Sunscreen Mousse Spf 30 for my kids because a dermatologist recommended this brand to me.
When you’re having fun in the sun it’s easy to forget until it’s too late. The result may be painful sunburn that damage the tissues beneath the surface of your skin. Sunscreen helps to prevent the harmful effects of the sun, such as wrinkles and skin cancer. Once you’ve applied sunscreen on your skin you can enjoy the sunshine, after all sun exposure is important for the body’s vitamin D supply. Facial skin is thin and highly exposed, it is particularly important to apply sunscreen there liberally.
Being a mom can often be very challenging. This describes the many challenges of motherhood so well. A mother must be a multi-talented person, it is the hardest job in the world but also the most rewarding. In my opinion the most difficult part of motherhood is not the actual parenting part, but managing the household, making sure everyone’s schedules match, picking up the kids and dropping off kids, cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, shopping groceries and finding time to do something fun together as a family and once in a while trying to squeeze in a little mommy time-off. That is the challenge of motherhood.
To have good self-esteem is very important for everyone. Self-esteem simply means appreciating yourself for who you are — with all you’re pros and cons. People with a good and healthy self-esteem are able to feel good about themselves for who they are, appreciate their own worth, and take pride in their abilities and accomplishments. They also acknowledge that they’re not perfect and have faults, but it dosen’t affect them much because they accept it. Perfection is simply unattainable for any of us. It doesn’t matter what age you’re in. If your self-esteem is low then you feel badly about yourself, usually followed with self-doubt and poor self-appreciation.
How to boost your self-esteem :
- Be aware of your thoughts and how you treat yourself. This includes your self-talk, what do you tell yourself about yourself? Is it positive and constructive or negative and destructive for your self-esteem.
- Take conscious control of your negative thoughts, and replace them with more realistic and positive ways of thinking. What do you tell yourself about yourself? You need to stop the cycle of negative thinking about yourself that reinforce negative self-esteem.
- Give yourself extra credit for a job well done and trust that you are competent. Focus on your accomplishments.
- Believe in your own worth. Accept that you are not perfect. Don’t let any one particular shortcoming undermine you. Remember that you are a complex, multifaceted desirable individual.
- Recognize and embrace your positive qualities. Make a list of all your positive qualities, skills, experiences, talents, and anything else that makes you feel good about yourself.
- Is there something that you want to change about yourself? Something that will make you better equipped as a person. Consider possible avenues for improvement. Pinpoint exactly what you’re not satisfied with and needs improvement. Then make a resonable plan about how to reach your goals and improve yourself.
- Compliment yourself. You can look in a mirror and pick few things that you like about yourself. It can be something you see on the outside such as hair, smile or nails. Then pick few things that you like about your personality, like your spirit or laughter. If you don’t want to look in the mirror then you can write it in a journal.
- Have realistic expectations in life and stop struggling towards some idealistic goal. Having unrealistic expectations in life will only lead to disappointment and dissatisfaction.