Stretching is important to keep the muscles well circulated and healthy, too many people neglect it – myself included. Most days we spend in the same posture, sitting at the desk all day. If we do not stretch we make or muscles short and tight. Wich will lead to health problems like a stiff neck and shoulder or a headache and a sore back. Stretching increases your blood flow and flexibility, wich makes it more comfortable to perform physical activity. Stretching will also improve your posture. If we don’t stretch regularly we will increase the risk of aches and pain, caused by short, stiff muscles. It only takes few minutes each day to stretch.
It’s a fact that being busy can burn you out. Therefor you need to look after yourself specially when your schedule is full, so that you can stay relaxed and healthy. Here are some tips to help you to reduce the stress, that don’t take much time out of your busy day.
- Take 5 minutes in the morning to relax, stretch and breathe. If you start your day in a stressful way, then you’ll probably feel stressed for the rest of the day as well. Therefore it is important to make sure your morning starts with 5 minutes of silence and ease.
- Breathe in and breathe out. Remember deep breath, fill your lungs with air. While you’re sitting at the traffic lights or waiting for the bus, at work or in the store – just focus on breathing calmly and rhythmically. Studies have shown that deep-breathing is very effective in handling depression, anxiety, and stress-related disorders.
- 5 minutes time out. Before you go home from work and start the engine of your car, just pause for few minutes. Clear out your mind, refresh your mind and then continue. If you travel on the train or bus then you can use the time for this.
- Try to walk few minutes every day. Not only will the exercise be good for you, you also get some important fresh air and daylight. The lunch hour is ideal for this. Afterwards when you start working you will feel more focused and energetic. This is also an opportunity is to build exercise into your daily activities so you don’t have to stop for extra exercise at the gym later in the day, so it can save you some time.
- Ask for help or employ help. Remember that those who share your household can also help with the cleaning and other tasks needed to be done. You don’t have to do everything yourself. You can even pay someone else to clean your home so you can have some extra time with your partner or family.
- Keep a planner. It makes your life less chaotic if you keep a planner. Make sure to write down every appointment you have and make sure to schedule time for yourself.
- Laughter and fun is important. It is important in busy life not to forget to have some fun. Laughter is also very important and can dissolve stress. Go out of your way to have laughter in your life. You can watch DVD’s of comedy or read some jokes. Play silly games with your children or share funny stories with friends or family.