Dandruff can be really annoying problem. About half of the population suffers from a flaky scalp at some point in our lives. Dandruff consists of loose white flakes in the hair, which fall off and may be noticed on the shoulders and back. Dandruff is a common scalp condition which may be accompanied by itching. Since this is such a common problem, there are many options for getting rid of dandruff.
- Drink water – due to lack of moisture, the scalp may become dry and flaky.
- Healthy diet – Diet is an important factor when it comes to dandruff. Lack of necessary oils in your diet and bad nutrition can contribute to dandruff.
- Wash your hair with shampoo– without frequent shampooing, the oil and skin cells can build up on your scalp and eventually flake off. Find shampoo that suits your hair type. Usually it pays off to use products recommended by professionals, especially if you have sensitive hair or scalp. Make sure to wash all the shampoo and/or conditioner from the hair. Remains of it can cause dandruff.
- Anti-Dandruff shampoos – This is a great help in the fight against dandruff. Read the guidance about how to use it. Use it frequently and leave it in the hair for few minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.
- Deep conditioner – If your scalp and/or hair is dry use deep conditioner and massage it into your scalp gently Leave it in for an hour before you rinse it thoroughly.
- Minimize the use of hair products such as mousse, balm, gel and volumizer can make the problem worse. Excessive use of hair products can make your hair and scalp unhealthy and cause dandruff.
- Relax – stress can cause dandruff therefore its better to keep your stress level to a minimum.
- In extreme cases doctor can prescribe medicated shampoos or creams.