I know it’s an old cleshay but still it’s an important one. Remember to use sunscreen or sunblock, everyone should use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15. When choosing a sunscreen for baby or toddler you should choose a sunscreen that provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or SPF 50 is recommended for young children or of course sunblock. Water-resistant sunscreen that is hypoallergenic and fragrance free, is also recommended for childs sensitive skin. I use Proderm Sunscreen Mousse Spf 30 for my kids because a dermatologist recommended this brand to me.
When you’re having fun in the sun it’s easy to forget until it’s too late. The result may be painful sunburn that damage the tissues beneath the surface of your skin. Sunscreen helps to prevent the harmful effects of the sun, such as wrinkles and skin cancer. Once you’ve applied sunscreen on your skin you can enjoy the sunshine, after all sun exposure is important for the body’s vitamin D supply. Facial skin is thin and highly exposed, it is particularly important to apply sunscreen there liberally.
This is true, I couldn’t believe it either at first. There’s always been talked about burning the fat with exercise and right amount of total daily calorie intake. This is no joke, the newest technology is to freeze the body-fat.When I first heard of this I thought it couldn’t be true but then I started reading about it. Specialists state that this is actually true and it works. This has been tested on numbers of people for the last two years to develop the method and now its ready on the market. This new fat-freezing procedure can flatten your belly, love handles and back fat. CoolSculpting gives amazing results. Researchers have found that this treatment will not damage skin or nerves, and after just one section the fat shrinks in the area being treated by an average of 20% to 25%. A CoolSculpting device sandwiches the fat on the abdomen or thighs between two cooling plates and freezes it. Generally 1-3 treatments are needed, each section takes about one-hour, but full results are seen at around 3 months. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss treatment because it removes only small areas of fat but it helps to get rid of resistant body fat and sculpt the body.
How it works – Research has shown that if fat cells are cooled to near freezing for a certain amount of time and they crystallize, shatter and die. Then the fat cells are destroyed. Studies show that the dead fat cells are digested by white blood cells in the immune system and eliminated via the bodies natural eliminating processes. This procedure makes it possible to get rid off those bulges of resistant fat. by literally freezing them away. The goal is to remodel the shape of the body. This new technology is a non-surgical alternative to liposuction and it costs less. It’ no pain involved but the area of skin and fat that had been treated gets frozen solid, just like a pack of meat from the freezer, though it quickly melts down again.
Did you know that the condition of your skin, hair and nails can actually provide information about your physical health. If you want healthy skin, beautiful hair and strong nails then you must make sure you are getting the sufficient amount of essential vitamins. Your skin, nails and hair needs vitamins like the rest of your body. Nutritionists claim that by eating the right kinds of foods, rich in vitamins and minerals, will not only make you feel great but also look great. With a smooth healthy skin, shiny hair and strong nails.
By getting a sufficient intake of the best vitamins for nails, your nails and skin will greatly improve. Vitamins can be purchased separately, but according to nutritionists the best vitamins for hair and nails are those that are combined in a single source to balance all the best ingredients. For maximum health and growth you need to drink plenty of water and moisture your skin, hair and hands regularly with nourishing face cream and deep conditioner for hair. You should also massage your nails regularly with a nourishing cream to keep them moisturized.
Here are the important vitamins that your body needs to contain healthy look:
- Beta Carotene is essential for healthy hair and encourages growth in thinning hair. It is an antioxidant crucial for healthy skin which helps locate and destroy harmful free radicals. Beta carotene is also converted into Vitamin A by the liver.
- Vitamin A is an essential vitamin which helps renew skin cells and produce sebum, an oily substance found in hair follicles. Sebum acts as a natural moisturizer and conditioner for a healthy scalp and great looking hair.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids prevents dry scalp and dull-looking hair. These fatty acids also have an anti-inflammatory effect which can help combat the redness and swelling of the skin in conditions like dermatitis and eczema.
- Vitamin E helps the body in healing itself after damage and help preventing acne scars and wrinkles. Vitamin E improves overall scalp circulation.
- Zinc helps to build, repair and protect cells in your body. Zinc is important for the renewal of skin cells. If you have increased white spots on your nails, poor growth and inflammation of the cuticle then you might have to add more zinc into your diet.
- Vitamin C assists in the production of collagen in your body. Collagen is a protein which acts as a glue, holding body tissues together. If there is collagen deficiency in the skin, sagging and wrinkles may develop.
- Vitamins B. B2, B5 and B12 are important for healthy skin and promoting skin cell growth. Another B Vitamin called Biotin promotes healthy hair growth and fights nail brittleness. It increases the firmness and hardness of your nails. Vitamin B6 and B12 can help preventing hair loss.
- Iron prevents nails to develop vertical ridges and become fragile and brittle. If your nails are spoon-shaped it might be a sign of low iron level in your body. If you lack iron your hair can become dull, brittle and dry.
- Calcium is important for stronger nails. If your nails tend to become fragile there might be calcium deficiency in your body.
- Protein is necessary for healthy nails. Nails are made up of keratin, which is a form of protein. If you lack proteins in your body it can cause formation of white bands across the nails and they become more brittle.
Cellulite is caused by a collection of fat that pushes into the skin’s upper layer giving a dimpled look. About 80% of women have cellulite, but men can also get it, although it’s not as common. Getting rid of cellulite can be tricky and takes both patience and time. There are two things that works against cellulite, that is to stimulate your circulation and diet. There is no need to buy expensive Anti-Cellulite Cream because researchers have discovered that none of these work – even though the producers claim they do miracles.
- Drink water: Drink six to eight glasses of water per day. Water keeps the skin hydrated and flushes out toxins.(which ultimately causes cellulite). You can also try herbal teas.
- Eat foods that provide Lecithin and Protein: Lecithin rich foods, so they’re great for getting rid of cellulite. Eat these foods daily as they restore the strength of dermal cells. Foods that is rich of lecithin are eggs, apples, soy, spinach, cauliflower, peanuts and Iceberg lettuce. Protein stimulates and strengthens the production of collagen and elastin which keeps cellulite at bay. Water retention can be part of the cellulite problem, but protein can help as it contains albumin, which helps absorb excess fluid. Therefore you should eat foods that contains protein, like lean meats, poultry, fish, nuts, skimmed milk, pulses and tofu.
- Cardio exercise: It is proven to help you get rid of cellulite. Do exercises that target the buttocks, hips and thigh areas. Walking is one of the very best ways to slim your thighs and improve your general health and well-being. You should start walking at the pace that is right for you and then gradually quicken up your pace. Walking can burn off more than 300 calories an hour. You can walk to work, pop out at lunchtime for a brisk stroll or on a treadmill. Cycling, swimming and running are also great. Use every opportunity you get in everyday life to be physically active, remember to take the stairs instead of the elevator, to keep off the pounds and to get rid of cellulite as it stimulates circulation and keeps your skin smooth.
- Use Scrub: Use a scrub every time you shower Scrubbing your skin helps remove dead skin cells, stimulates circulation and boosts your lymphatic flow. It increases circulation and helps out the poor drainage in fat cells that causes cellulite. For the best results brush daily, using long strokes towards your heart.
- Massage: Good massage increases circulation and lymphatic drainage and breaks down adhesions, it also reduces stress. As a result in the skin tissues gets smoother and the body eliminates of excess fluid. Self massage for cellulite on the thighs or troubled areas, to stimulate circulation and break up fluids beneath your skin. Use your hands to knead the problem area. If you perform this on regular basis may be pleasantly surprised at the results.
- Endermologie: This is a mechanical massage technique which is used to treat cellulite reduction and skin toning. It combines very firm massaging, rolling and sucking at the skin’s surface in an attempt to break up the fat cells that cause cellulite, boosts blood circulation and stretches the collagen fibres. A visible improvement can be seen after few session. The only downfall is that this treatment is expensive, but it works. I’ve tried it and it is gives very nice massage and is not painful, except around the joints. The result was great, I was very pleased with it and would go again if my wallet would allow it.
- No smoking: Smoking can worsen cellulite as it cuts off your skin’s food supply and floods your body with toxins.
If you wake up with puffy eyes or bags under your eyes – then you might have excess water in your body also known as Edema. It occurs from excess fluid buildup under the eyes, commonly referred to as eye bag. The skin around the eyes is very thin and is full of blood vessels which make it very sensitive. The cause is usually linked to modern lifestyles and hormonal fluctuations. Things that can cause puffy eyes are Lack of sleep, Stress,Diet that is high in salt and Hormonal issues (f. ex. during pregnancy or menstruation). Other causes that can lead to puffiness are Crying, Changes in the weather can cause puffy eyes or too much Alcohol consumption. Usually puffy eyes will go away after a little bit of time.
Sometimes puffy eyes might be symptoms of other conditions that may require examination by an eye care professional such as allergies, diabetes or side effect of several types of medication
Excess fluid can also build up in other body tissues. The condition occurs mostly in the feet, ankles and legs, but can develop anywhere in the body.
How to prevent the bags from developing:
- Sleep with the head elevated, it prevents fluids from accumulating around your eyes. Make sure you get enough sleep.
- Cut back on salt intake.
- Drink water to clean out your system, but don’t drink to many fluids right before going to sleep.
- Cranberry juice is a natural diuretic to help reduce fluid retention and aid in weight loss.
- Use a cold compress on puffy eyes. You can use cooling gel mask for eyes, or moisten two tea bags in cold water, chill them in the refrigerator and place them over closed eyelids for several minutes. Wash your face with ice-cold water. This should reduce the puffiness.
- Take good care of your skin. Don’t use oil-based makeup. The oil can cause the skin under the eyes to swell and become inflamed. Water-based and/or gel-based makeup is less harsh for sensitive skins. Avoid placing wrinkle remover cream near the eyes. It can cause too much hydration and puffiness is the result. Always wash your makeup off each night, as the residue can fill the pores causing swelling.
- Wash face with ice-cold water
- Cream for puffy eyes. Try a soothing eye cream with aloe and Vitamin E.
- Diuretics can help with water retention, so taking one can sometimes help the body expel excess fluids, but only use under the advice of a doctor.
It is all about the choices we make. We all know how to make these so called right choices, listening to our parents as we were growing up “Eat your vegetables“, “It´s not good for you to eat so much sweets“, does it bring back memories? So we have the knowledge but still it can be difficult to make those choices because delicious slice of your favorite pie is more tempting than a fruit salad. To often I convince myself to choose the pie and then afterwards regret the decision.This is of course a lack of self control and motivation. Why is it that I always make sure that my kids eats healthy but at the same time be so careless about what I eat. Now it is time to move towards healthier lifestyle for me. To make this choice easier for me in the future I have made it more visual for me. This method I would like to share with you.
You can choose which one of those two you want.
Is it still difficult to make the “right” choice? Then I ask you again which one of those persons below would you choose to be.
This is what the choice really is about. So are you up for the challenge?