Are you determined to improve your health but you don’t know where to start – then you should read this. Here I’m going to summarize for you the best ways to gain your optimal health and reach your goals. Do you have what it takes to improve your lifestyle? If you follow these steps your health will improve gradually. You will notice the difference, not only will you look better, but also feel better about yourself. It’s all up to you!
Every food we eat contains calories. The calories you consume in cannot exceed the amount of calories the body uses up. Many find it helpful to write down their daily diet in a food journal. CalorieKing is a website which logs the calorie amounts for food you’ve eaten. You can put your recipes into this Calorie Count tool and then you will see how many calories each recipe contain. If you are not sure how many calories you require, then you can use this Calorie Calculator. The calorie calculator can be very useful for weight management.
- Set your mind on it! You need to make a decision and be determined YOU CAN DO IT!
- Set reasonable goals for the week. Just take it week by week. Set goal for each week that help you reach your long-term goals. You can’t do it all at once, but you can add, little by little, good habits to your daily routine.
- Drink 8 – 10 glasses of water each day. Other fluids count too, like green tea, milk and juice, but water is the best because it’s so clean from all chemical that it helps your body to flush out toxins. Eliminate soda and sugary drinks such as sports drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day. Walking, running, cycling and swimming are great to improve your endurance and burn calories. Exercising will give you muscles, which boosts your metabolism and helps you burn more calories.
- Eat healthy, meat, poultry and fish with vegetables. You should eat vegetables and fruits every day. Remember you can’t gain weight from eating fruits and vegetables.
- Healthy snacks. You should have things like small carrots, tomatoes, grapes, apples and bananas to eat when you feel need for some snack.
- Keep daily food and exercise journal. This helps you to keep track of what you consume and exercise each day. Weight in at the end of the week and write it in the diary. This way you will see the result for each week.
Good luck to you on your way towards healthier lifestyle – gaining your optimal health.