Did you know that the condition of your skin, hair and nails can actually provide information about your physical health. If you want healthy skin, beautiful hair and strong nails then you must make sure you are getting the sufficient amount of essential vitamins. Your skin, nails and hair needs vitamins like the rest of your body. Nutritionists claim that by eating the right kinds of foods, rich in vitamins and minerals, will not only make you feel great but also look great. With a smooth healthy skin, shiny hair and strong nails.
By getting a sufficient intake of the best vitamins for nails, your nails and skin will greatly improve. Vitamins can be purchased separately, but according to nutritionists the best vitamins for hair and nails are those that are combined in a single source to balance all the best ingredients. For maximum health and growth you need to drink plenty of water and moisture your skin, hair and hands regularly with nourishing face cream and deep conditioner for hair. You should also massage your nails regularly with a nourishing cream to keep them moisturized.
Here are the important vitamins that your body needs to contain healthy look:
- Beta Carotene is essential for healthy hair and encourages growth in thinning hair. It is an antioxidant crucial for healthy skin which helps locate and destroy harmful free radicals. Beta carotene is also converted into Vitamin A by the liver.
- Vitamin A is an essential vitamin which helps renew skin cells and produce sebum, an oily substance found in hair follicles. Sebum acts as a natural moisturizer and conditioner for a healthy scalp and great looking hair.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids prevents dry scalp and dull-looking hair. These fatty acids also have an anti-inflammatory effect which can help combat the redness and swelling of the skin in conditions like dermatitis and eczema.
- Vitamin E helps the body in healing itself after damage and help preventing acne scars and wrinkles. Vitamin E improves overall scalp circulation.
- Zinc helps to build, repair and protect cells in your body. Zinc is important for the renewal of skin cells. If you have increased white spots on your nails, poor growth and inflammation of the cuticle then you might have to add more zinc into your diet.
- Vitamin C assists in the production of collagen in your body. Collagen is a protein which acts as a glue, holding body tissues together. If there is collagen deficiency in the skin, sagging and wrinkles may develop.
- Vitamins B. B2, B5 and B12 are important for healthy skin and promoting skin cell growth. Another B Vitamin called promotes healthy hair growth and fights nail brittleness. It increases the firmness and hardness of your nails. Vitamin B6 and B12 can help preventing hair loss.
- Iron prevents nails to develop vertical ridges and become fragile and brittle. If your nails are spoon-shaped it might be a sign of low iron level in your body. If you lack iron your hair can become dull, brittle and dry.
- Calcium is important for stronger nails. If your nails tend to become fragile there might be calcium deficiency in your body.
- Protein is necessary for healthy nails. Nails are made up of keratin, which is a form of protein. If you lack proteins in your body it can cause formation of white bands across the nails and they become more brittle.